Abraxas - Live In Memoriam CD (album) cover

LIVE IN MEMORIAM

Abraxas

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars The epitaph from this sadly split up Polish neo-prog band.

And a live album it is too. A seventy-eight minutes long album which takes the CD format to the absolute limits of how much you can put on a disc.

The music is neo-prog with male vocals, keyboards, guitars, bass and drums. There are some guest female vocals here too. The music is lush, a bit hard and a bit symphonic. Those who likes Satellite and Collage will find themselves in familiar territory here. Abraxas was very much the pioneer in the Polish neo prog scene and a lot of bands has followed in their path.

Quality wise, this live album is very good. I am not a big fan of this band, but I like a lot of the music here. Some songs here are not that great though. But I am overall pretty impressed by this very good album. But it is more an album for the neo-prog fans than an allrounder like myself.

3.5 stars