Aphrodite's Child - 666 CD (album) cover

Aphrodite's Child

3 stars This is certainly an epic project. Some of this stuff is incredible, some of this stuff isn't that good. There is a lot of variety and interesting studio techniques on this album. some of the guitar soloing, and instrument work is amazing, as well as the different vocal styles. This album has so much variety that some of the tracks really annoy me. My favourite tracks are "Babylon", which has great basslines, acoustic work and some short but sweet soloing at the end. I also love "Do It", "The Battle of the Locust" and "The Marching Beast", as this are crazy jams with immense instrumental work. Some of this album is immense, some really amazes me. I think Vangelis and co had some really good ideas here, however there is probably too much on this plate for me to completely digest.
frenchie | 3/5 |