Pelt - Empty Bell Ringing In The Sky CD (album) cover

EMPTY BELL RINGING IN THE SKY

Pelt

Indo-Prog/Raga Rock

Sheavy
4 stars The Ghosts and The Bells......

Pelt is a project of guitarist Jack Rose, and specializes in long drawn out raga drones and Avant garde tendencies. I am a fan of this style of music, so this album is a wonderful find.

The first track, Ghosts Are Never Forgiven, is really not a true Indo song but more of a improvised song with horns and other things, and it also happens to be my personnal favorite of all the songs here. Mainly because it has a sincerely creepy quality about it, and when I decided to lay in bed and listen to this via my Ipod..... it really gets to you. The other songs are more conventional raga drones, and Pelt does a very amazing job of hypnotizing and drawing you into the over extended psychedelic trip, the Album's namesake songs are truly powerful with this. Ghost Galaxies is a bit slower, and more mellower than the 2 preceding songs, yet more Avant Garde.

Good stuff for all the lovers of travelling via music.

Sheavy | 4/5 |