Mastodon - The Hunter CD (album) cover

THE HUNTER

Mastodon

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

The Neck Romancer
5 stars An excellent album. Seems like Mastodon does way better at writing song-oriented albums instead of conceptual stuff.

I honestly didn't expect this album to be this good at all. I was quite underwhelmed by the singles, especially Black Tongue, but when it came out it just 'clicked' with me. And Brann Dailor's hyperactive drumming fits like a glove; he's like the Phil Collins/Christian Vander of metal.

Also, some of those who take their 10 seconds to read this review might think: "lulwut? 5 stars? fanboi lololol". The reason for those five stars is that I haven't got sick of "The Hunter" even after listening to it 7 times on the day I got the album, and I couldn't find a single bad/barely memorable song.

The Neck Romancer | 5/5 |