Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow CD (album) cover

Jon Anderson

4 stars I had heard few things about this album before I heard it myself. I remember one review in particular. It sed that "Olias of Sunhillow is greatest waste of vinul since plastic pants". Not too supportive to start listening this. I was 100% sure that I would not never ever like album like this even a one bit! I was surpised when I heard it. Beautiful mix of new age, world music and progressive music turned into interesting and working concept.

This album propably doesn't change your world like Yes some albums can do. But it's still nice easy listening music. Some of the tracks sound quite bad but still they won't ruin the album overall. No doubt the most progressive (and weirdest) of Jon's albums, and possibly the best also. Don't expect anything HUGE then you won't be disappointed. I wouldn't give it 5 stars.

Overall : Nice mix of floating, weird, quite easy listening and beautiful music. That is 3.8 stars.

gimsom | 4/5 |