Fates Warning - FWX CD (album) cover

Fates Warning

3 stars This is not the Fates Warning I expected to hear! It kinda reminds me of Dream Theater's Octavarium and Tool's Lateralus when i first gave this CD a spin. I was a bit dissapointed. The music in this album didnt really catch me at first.. but it kinda grew on me as i gave it a couple more listens.What i really liked about this album are the overdubs (cricket sounds were cool,and sequence # 7), some light acoustic guitar thingy, the sound effects (does have some industrial kinda feel),and the heavy bass and guitar riffs, which for me, saved the whole record.Lyrics are great too (esp. "Heal Me")! Indeed a new Fates Warning has emerged!
JayDee | 3/5 |