Bachdenkel - Stalingrad CD (album) cover

STALINGRAD

Bachdenkel

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Mellotron Storm
3 stars For me the debut is a lot better than this one.The first one has more of a Psyche vibe to it while this is more Symphonic.This second one was released in 1977 and for me it's not just the overall feel that makes me prefer the debut, but the songs are better too. Also the sound quality on this one isn't that great at times.

"The Whole World (Looking Over My Shoulder)" is mellow with reserved vocals to start. Guitar and drums become prominant just before 2 minutes when the vocals stop briefly. "After The Fall" has more energy with vocals. I like the instrumental section after 1 1/2 minutes. "Seven Times Tomorrow" shifts tempos often.This sounds like it might have been a single, it's very good. "For You To Live With Me" is okay but i'm not a fan of the way he sings here.

"The Tournament" has almost spoken vocals and it's not very melodic. An experimental tune. "(It's Always) Easy To Be Heard" is the best sounding song on here although it's not as good when it settles around 1 1/2 minutes.We get a guitar solo 3 minutes in. "Xenophone" is a vocal/piano led track. It's okay and it does get fuller. "Ctalingrad" puts the focus on the vocals in this laid back number with lots of outbreaks. It's alright. "Stalingrad" is the closing instrumental. It builds and I really like the drum work. Guitar comes to the fore around 3 minutes.

Barely 3 stars and i'll stick with their excellent debut.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |