Dream Theater - When Dream And Day Reunite CD (album) cover

WHEN DREAM AND DAY REUNITE

Dream Theater

Gyroid
5 stars A great live performance by a great band. They play their first album with singer Kevin LaBrie and keyboardist Jordan Rudess. No more crappy Dominicci ruining the great band instrumental play. Well, you do hear him at the end, performing To Live Forever and the legendary Metropolis Pt.1

Actually, LaBrie fails at singing like in most of his live performances, but I didn't know this album was so good until I listened to this so it deserves 5 stars for that. Actually, it doesn't. The rating system should be 1-10, in which case I would give it a 9. I'm just giving it the benefit of the doubt.

I recommend the DVD, because, well... what's better... listening, or watching & listening? It also includes a *bonus* documental with the members talking (in the good ol'days) about the songs and the band in general. Even though this piece is hardly essential, and it doesn't really add much, it's a welcome addition for Dream Theater fans worldwide.

Gyroid | 5/5 |