To-Mera - Transcendental CD (album) cover

5 stars I don't think I have ever heard a metal band use dynamics to the extent that this band does on this album. At times they are very heavy metal, at others they are light classical or jazz. If prog metal is "characterised by genre transgression" then Transcendental has that in spades. The To-Mera musicians' virtuosity is also beyond a doubt. I don't usually like bands with female vocals as they tend to make it too gothic for me, but this is one of the rare exceptions. They don't seem to fall into the gothic format. To-mera's Transcendental is in my opinion a masterpiece of progressive metal.
bassgeezer | 5/5 |