Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin CD (album) cover

Led Zeppelin

4 stars 8/10

Over the last forty years, Led Zeppelin has been one of the essential names in rock history. Ok, itīs obvious is that they are not progressive, but so what? This is a phenomenal group, which I finally had a chance to hear.

I won this LP from my uncle, who also gave me others albuns in vinyl. And, man, this is amazing! There is no denying that Led Zeppelin I is one of the most influential albums in rock history in general, although he has received negative criticism at the time of its release. Yeah, some critics had to eat his words later ...

Starting with the short but fast Good Times, Bad Times the album continues with those who are in my opinion the highlights: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, You Shook Me and Dazed And Confused. These three songs are really monstrous! Unfortunately the second side pales a bit, except the instrumental Black Mountain Side (with a tabla drum that performed by Jasani saw that gives it an air of psychedelia) and How Many More Times (which is 8:28 minutes long while on vinyl say she has 3:30 minutes - Page did it to deceive the radios). You can also hear a bit of proto-metal with a short Communication Breakdown.

4 stars. A strong debut, I think the best is yet to come!

voliveira | 4/5 |