Big Big Train - English Boy Wonders  CD (album) cover

ENGLISH BOY WONDERS

Big Big Train

gingernut
5 stars Enough already!

I can't let the previous reviews go by withot adding my own humble opinion.

I make no apology for awarding this album the full 5 stars. Oddly, the band don't seem over-keen on this work, referring to the original recording as unfinished and disjointed (I hope I am not mis-quoting). It was re-recorded in 2008, but I still prefer the original.

I really have no problem with the vocals, in fact all of the contributions are top-notch. These guys can play, but importantly they can also write great material, marrying delightful vocal passages with long instrumental breaks.

I agree this is a difficult album to get into. At times rough and distorted, sometimes wistful and poppy. Give it a chance and be rewarded. There is a gem here. Just don't expect Dream Theater or Pink Floyd. Approacj with an open mind.

Same goes for their debut too.

gingernut | 5/5 |