Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape CD (album) cover

IMAGINARY SONICSCAPE

Sigh

Experimental/Post Metal

Sheavy
5 stars (Origina review from MMA)

Sigh are one of Japan's most wide known metal bands, and there is a very good reason why. This is unlike anything else you have ever heard before.

The base style here is black metal, but when one listens to this album, that reallly does not cover at all what music is contained within. The vocals tend to be black metal sounding, and there are guitar parts that sound definently black metal, but then you get something like the song Nietzschean Conspiracy, which starts off with some electronic washings, a saxophone, and some heavy drummachine bass beats, and then it gains some symphonic flourishes. There is nothing in this song at all that in any way reminds me black metal.

I prefer to let albums speak for themselves so I won't spoil this album by talkng on it too much. I will say one more thing though. You know no band that lists a Speak And Spell as a instrument is going to be anything but strange.

Sheavy | 5/5 |