Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt Two CD (album) cover

ROAD SALT TWO

Pain Of Salvation

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars I have heard a lot about this band without hearing a single tone from them. So when a promo album arrived in my inbox, I finally got the chance to check them out.

This is part two of a the Road Salt series of albums. Is it a trilogy or how is this ? I do not know. But when I hear the The Beatles opening on Road Salt Theme, I got the feeling that this is a band wanting to stretching their wings. I was not mistaken.

There is a lot of The Beatles too on this album. That and a lot of other things. That includes progressive metal, yes. But the band is on their wings and that mostly around the US of A. From Americana via country rock metal to modern rock (King's X) to a bit neo-metal and whatever Korn is doing. Hence, the sound is very modern. The band is truly stretching their wings.

I am not sure if this album is a deviation from their normal fare. But the sound on this album is good and I like the music. But great melodies are sorely missed though. Any great melodies, in fact. In the law of average, this is pretty much average stuff and that's what I will remember this album for. I am left unimpressed.

Good but nothing more.