Anima Dominum - Singularities CD (album) cover

Anima Dominum

3 stars Anima Dominum seems to be one of those bands slipping through the cracks in our music genre. This is the first Anima Dominum I have heard too. It is their second album though.

Melodic symph prog album is what I would call this album. Actually, the right phrase is Neo Prog. That's what the music is here. Abel Ganz is a very good reference. Unfortunate, the sound is very flat and muddy. Even when playing around with the sound on my desktop sound studio, I cannot get a good, clear sound. The separation of the instruments are really bad. Which is really bad too for this album because given a good sound, this album would had been a lot better.

But the mud does not totally disguise the good songs here. I am not keen on the male vocals. The female vocals are great though. The neo-prog songs here are performed with long guitar solos, choirs and keyboards. This in addition to bass and drums. The music is run of the mill, but still very good.

A good album from a band I would like to know more about.

3 stars