Rush - Power Windows CD (album) cover

POWER WINDOWS

Rush

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars The eleventh album from Rush.

I am not that keen on the middle era Rush. The era starting with the excellent Permanent Waves, but then tailing off after that with some albums. Power Windows is probably their least great album from this period.

Opening with one of their heaviest songs ever; Big Money, the album developes into a 1980s pastisj where not much survives the test of time to be honest. This album sounds a bit dated although the songs are good. The synths are also pretty overpowering on this album too and I can understand why Alex complained about being pretty unemployed throughout.

This is an album the casual listener safely can bypass. I have been listening to this album on a regular basis for the last two decades and I value it though. I am also fond of the songs here. But a great album ? Nope. It is good though.

3 stars