Winter - Across The Circle's Edge CD (album) cover

ACROSS THE CIRCLE'S EDGE

Winter

kev rowland
Crossover Team
4 stars This is a class album that I am playing as I am writing. The first time I met the guys I was the only paying member of the audience so the dorrman came in and gave me my money back! But they still played as if they were in front of a huge crowd and fell in love with them immediately. "Toybox" is full of menace and was a great piece for frontman Johnny Lennie who used to stalk the stage.

I saw the band a few times more after that, although they did have some line-up problems and although they did also release a cassette of new material a few years after this CD that was the end, which to my ears is a great shame.

I came across the other review when I was searching the web to see if I could find out any more about them, as this really was one of the best SI releases (and there were more good than absolute crap). Well worth picking it up if you can find it.

kev rowland | 4/5 |