Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy CD (album) cover

Led Zeppelin

5 stars 9.5/10

This is the second disc I listen to Led Zeppelin after his self-titled debut and I can not fail to show how much I'm impressed. Having just come off a resounding success as Led Zeppelin IV the band course has all the pressure to produce a successor can match. The result? An album that does not disappoint in any way (every track here is special) and it shows a Led Zeppelin interested in pursuing other paths: a la James Brown funk (The Grunge), reggae (Dy'er Ma'ker) and psychedelic rock (my favorite songs, The Rain Song and No Quarter - the introduction of the latter certainly influenced Steven Wilson to compose the opening of the PT song My Ashes). Whatever Houses Of The Holy is nothing less than impressive and I'm willing to give him full marks. 5 stars.

voliveira | 5/5 |