Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle CD (album) cover

INTO THE ELECTRIC CASTLE

Ayreon

voliveira
3 stars 6/10

What begins with notes promising ends on an album somewhat tiring. I am somewhat disappointed with Into The Electric Castle because even remotely resembles the greatness that was The Human Equation.

Yes this is an ambitious space-opera of two disks with many special guests and high level of musicality, but there is here the power of attraction that was in The Human Equation. At some point the album becomes very, very annoying for me and I only listened to the end in order to make a serious assessment and correct.

Do not fool yourself, but highlights the largest of which is the epic Isis and Osiris, which is a powerful song and that overshadows the rest of the album. Other songs are worthy of note and Amazing Flight and Across the Rainbow Bridge. What they have in common? are all on Disc 1! Disc 2 is really boring and tiring, without energy or inspiration enough to please me.

3 stars.