Bass Communion - Ghosts on Magnetic Tape CD (album) cover

GHOSTS ON MAGNETIC TAPE

Bass Communion

Progressive Electronic

hogarth
4 stars Bass Communion was always a mystery to me. First time I have heard this, I found out myself thinking why was Steven Wilson losing his precious time, working in so many musical projects. BS was for me, his worse. It his nothing compared with PT, or No-man, even less Blackfield. So, I found out myself hearing this kind of ambience structures, more known as drone music. Well, I don't think I can really call it music. itīs more a combination of noises, something like I am watching an horror movie and in the background, thereīs something hidden like as if is going to submerge at any moment. Curiously, this album specifically, had captivated my total attention. More, than others previous albums. Maybe because thereīs a lack of electronic sounds, what is good for such a theme that which involves a concept around the Spiritualism. If you believe in ghosts, then itīs a must have for any believer of this theme. And I guess, I am one of those. Guilty as charged! So, Ghosts on Magnetic Tape make you feel like a voyageur in unknown territory.

Does SW lost his precious time in here? No, not this one.

The packaging is fantastic. It comes in a digipack with great dark pictures.

My four stars in this review, is because the songs are a little bit longer, what makes me feel a little bit bored from time to time. Apart from that, nothing more to declare.

hogarth | 4/5 |