Asia - Omega CD (album) cover

OMEGA

Asia

ianj1234
2 stars Asia's Omega is..... OK, I don't know if I can call it bad, but I don't know if I can call it Good. Now, this is probably the most "together" album I have heard from them, they're ideas seem together, their playing sounds together. My dad is a big fan of Asia, and I have been to several of their concerts, they sound really good for their age, but I think their debut album was my favorite by far.

1. Finger On The Trigger: 6.5/10, This is a great song, is rocks out, and feels very 80's, everyone sounds very good on here, it is a good track.

2. Through My Veins: 7/10, This song is great, I love the keyboard work, and the way they will carry the song to different sections, but still keeping the beat of the song, I love the outro of this song.

3. Holy War: 6/10 No this is not a slayer song, this is still Asia, this is once again a good song, takes you back to the first album, and great drums by Mr. Palmer.

4. Ever Yours: 4/10, Down the hill we go, weeeee! boring love song, don't get me wrong, I love love songs, but this is just boring.

5. Listen Children: 5.5/10, This song is just.................... Weird? You will like the piano/drum/bass ballad, for a minute, but after a few more minutes it gets old, and what is this song about?

6. End Of The World: 5/10, The intro makes you go "YEAHHH, THIS IS ASIA!!!" and than it almost obnoxiously turns into Ever Yours, I am not kidding, listen to the verses, it is almost the exact same!! any time I hear this song I just wonder when it's going to end the whole time.

7. Light The Way: 7.5/10, YES! HERE IS THE ASIA I WANTED TO LISTEN TOO! Yes, it is cheesy, but isn't Asia cheesy as it is anyway? Everyone here shines, this is my favorite song on this album. Everything here is great, the verses, the choruses, the instrumental parts, it is just terrific.

8. Emily: 4/10, this song is just horrible, the lyrics are the definition of cheesy, and I know I said whatever on Light The Way about the lyrics, but the music here is so bad that it counts. the best part of this song is the middle section, but the rest is pure horribleness. There was a reason why this was a bonus track.

9. Im Still The Same: 7/10 This song makes Emily look like complete crap, and this song really keeps the album alive too, I don't know why but this song reminds me of Christmas, but the one thing this song REALLY reminds me of is Electric Light Orchrastra, I swear I thought I mixed up a CD or something, but great song.

10. There Was A Time: 5.5/10 this track is OK, not bad, but not very good, I think the album should have ended with Im Still The Same honestly though, I do like the instrumental parts on this song though.

11. I Believe: 5/10 This song is not bad, but the problem is that it is too much like other songs you have already heard on the album, and doesn't stick out really, and at this point we are all worn out from all the rock songs.

12. Don't Wanna Loose You Now: 4/10 And we end with another crappy pop song, im sorry, it is just uninteresting, especially at this point in the album.

This album was a little bit hard to rate because, there are a few songs I really liked, but I found the rest of the album bland, and uninteresting, and at parts, annoying. If the album ended at Im Still The Same, then I might have been able to rate it 3, but for now, a 2 :(

ianj1234 | 2/5 |