Transatlantic - Whirld Tour 2010 - Live From Shepherd's Bush Empire, London CD (album) cover

WHIRLD TOUR 2010 - LIVE FROM SHEPHERD'S BUSH EMPIRE, LONDON

Transatlantic

ianj1234
4 stars Transatlantic is one of the greatest supergroups of prog for a reason, and this album will show you why.

1. The Whirlwind: 9.5/10 This track is absolutely amazing, I find this version of the song to be better than the studio.. Album? Yes, This is better than the whole album, the tempo is faster, they play with more energy, and the live feel makes it even the more better, everyone seems to be on point, Neals Vocals are on point, everyone, amazing track.

2. All Of The Above: 9/10 A great rendition of All Of The Above, Neal Morse had a few tiny vocal troubles at some sections, but barely noticeable, and nothing crucial, some people say this is better than the studio, and I might agree.

3. We All Need Some Light: 8.5/10 Here is yet another great track, after the massive first... Two? Wow, the CD has been just under 2 hours and were on our 3rd track, I enjoy this version maybe a little bit more than the studio aswell, everyone is once again on point, great track.

4. Duel With The Devil: 6.5/10 Aww man, I love this track, well, the studio track, but I don't think this version is as good, Neal unfortunately had a little bit more vocal troubles, but a tiny bit more noticeable here, but one thing that really upset me about this track, was that there was no children choir at the end, OH COMON!! They could have put that in, instead they sang themselves, which was... OK. Then I was anxiously waiting to hear the scream at the end of the song, that scream at the end of the song for me is like the We Won't Get Fooled Again Scream from The Who, instead there was a guitar solo, and Neal just said woohoo some more, disappointing, but it is still a great song otherwise.

5. Bridge Across Forever: 7/10 A nice version of a nice song, Neal's Piano playing is nice, as well, as Roine's Guitar.

6. Stranger In Your Soul: 8.5/10 This finale is very strong, and I like this version better than the studio, and I wanted to hear more when it was over.

This live CD is great, Transatlantic has created some of the greatest Longtracks of all time, and this album proves that, this album is VERYYY LONG, like some people have mentioned, so keep that in mind, I would recommend bringing this CD on a long car ride or something, that's what I did, if your looking for a live CD of Transatlantic, I would recommend this, or More Is Never Enough.

ianj1234 | 4/5 |