The Moody Blues - This Is The Moody Blues  CD (album) cover

The Moody Blues

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars As a matter of fact I don't like compilations too much since they normally include only the most popular and/or accessible songs as they were gathered for a fan-to-be or a lazy one. Many times precious gems hidden deep inside a work have not a chance to be appreciated.

Chronology is another problem for mixing songs from different periods may cause more confusion than attraction.

In the case of 'This is Moody Blues' we have the hits but some aforementioned gems also appear like 'Have you heard 1&2' with the linking song 'The voyage' although I miss the ensemble 'You can never go home' with 'My song'.

I'd prefer also the tracks disposed chronologically but the order affects little just because the albums from were the songs came have many things in common: the famed 'MB's classical 7' (released from 1967 up to 1972).

Returning to the well-known songs they are all here: 'Nights in white satin', 'Tuesday afternoon', 'Question', 'I'm just a singer', 'The story n your eyes', etc. I believe that every taste shall be well served.

This is a fine addition for almost every ordinary music fan collection; however, for a prog-fan, I'd rate this album as good but non-essential, total: 3.

Atkingani | 3/5 |