Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante CD (album) cover

DISCO VOLANTE

Mr. Bungle

RIO/Avant-Prog

lm_vazewald
5 stars I haven't listened to this one in quite some time, and was wondering how it held up. I remember loving it, but some albums just don't age well. No such problem here!

This is more experimental than their self-titled album or California, but if you can get into it, the rewards are many. There's not much you can compare this to -- it is about as unique as music gets without getting too noisy. Highly recommended for fellow prog-heads with short attention spans... there's a LOT going on here.

While very tough to describe, the best I can sum it up is "a circus of the insane". Standout tracks: "Carry Stress In the Jaw" (the middle part is close to thrash metal but eventually turns into a great tune with hilarious "vocals", i.e. "g** dammit it I'm pissed off / WAA WAA WAAAAA". "Desert Search for Techno Allah" was titled perfectly, and the build up/climax just rocks. "Merry Go Bye Bye" is about as bipolar as it gets, from crooning to death metal. Like nothing else! 5 stars easy.

| 5/5 |