Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events CD (album) cover

A DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS

Dream Theater

1791 Overture
2 stars I'm going to keep this review as brief as possible, as it does not deserve more than the minimum word requirement.

The bottom line is that everyone hailing this album as a "return to form" is full of it. This is exactly what Dream Theater has been playing since 1999. Mangini is the same as Portnoy. The bag of tricks has been exhausted and has not changed.

ProgArchives usually has quite a level head - even when I disagree with an album's rating, I can usually see the rationale behind others' opinions. But the praise for this mediocre album bewilders me.

Also, the ballads are horrible. I mean, really, really awful. Jesus.

1791 Overture | 2/5 |