Akt - frAKTal.two CD (album) cover

FRAKTAL.TWO

Akt

octopus-4
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars After the incredibly good Blemmebeya, the Italian band AKT releases this short EP, just about 15 minutes in total that's quite different form what they have done up to now. This ED is more jazzy, with some Newage influences, and even with that touch of eclectism coming from their declared love for King Crimson sounds more like the jazzy Windham Hill artists of the 80s. I think to Michael Manring for the very good bass, but also others like Scott Cossu or Alex DeGrassi. The remind to Windham Hill is also a consequence of the fact that the first two tracks are completely acoustic and chill-out.

The three songs in the EP are a sort of little concept, inspired to the sea and the tides, at least this is what the track titles say.

Also this album is downloadable for free from the AKT website so checking it out requires just a few of your time. Personally I like it very much, but I've been a Wyndham Hill follower in the 80s so I can't not like it.

So what to say? AKT confirm to be very Eclectic and I think this EP deserves some attention.

3 solid stars.