Abraxas - Centurie CD (album) cover

4 stars Abraxas followed up their classic debut with another good album which doesn't bowl me over the same way its brilliant predecessor did but still provides a strong platter of delicious neo- prog treats. Though I found the outro to the concluding Nantalomba a little cheesy, by and large the compositions and atmosphere are superbly judged, and Adam Łassa once again gives an excellent vocal performance - there's a point where his vocals start getting all hot and bothered and I could have sworn I was listening to a Polish Jarvis Cocker. It isn't the wonderful exploration of the frontiers of neo-prog that the debut was, but Abraxas retain a strong claim to their territory with this one.
Warthur | 4/5 |