Kraftwerk - The Man-Machine (Die Mensch-Maschine) CD (album) cover

Progressive Electronic

3 stars Kraftwek is one of the bands that I've discovered more then 15 years ago, being curious to listen to so called progressive electronic music, and knowing that they are pionees in this zone. Well, I've re listen after a long period their most succesful album, I guess from 1978 named Die Mensch-Maschine aka The Man-Machine. Usualy this is not the kind of music or better said kind of prog I want to listen every day, to electrocic and experimental for my ears, but with all that I can appreciate the originality and hard work over the years Kraftewerk puted in their work to become maybe the most influencial band from prog electronic music. Even the album is ok by my standards, seams that in places is little flat and lacking in some variety of arrangements, but pieces like The Robots or The Model are instantly catchy and addictive. A fairly good album, but I can't express myself that this is a masterpiece like many pretend to be, to me is only ok and nothing more, still enjoyble most of the time. 3 stars, this one as their nect Computerwelt is in the same league, for me at least.
b_olariu | 3/5 |