Camel - Nude CD (album) cover

4 stars This was my first ever CAMEL album, and my first prog-rock album, recommended to me by, and I was certainly thankful for the introduction into this amazing genre of music.

Following the conceptualism presented in the 'Snow Goose', it gives some brilliant atmospheres displaying the feeling of the lost soldier, and is easily accessible at the same time. 'Drafted' (among CAMEL's finest work) and 'Lies' stand out well in front of the crowd, and demonstrate perfectly how pop and prog can be combined to make brilliant music. These songs show evidently that this is a step back into prog after the very pop sounding 'Breathless'.

I now have seven CAMEL albums (at the age of 15), and they have proved to me that they are not musicians, but magicians, as every note perfectly flows from one to the other, but they still manage to make their music quite unpredictable (unlike pop music). Although I prefer Pete Bardens, Duncan Mackay certainly produces some quite brilliant solos and harmonies. And, of course, Andrew Latimer is his typical brilliant self, and, in my opinion, is one of the best musicians (or magicians) ever and (along with David Gilmour) one of the best guitarists.

This is an excellent addition to any collection, and shouldn't be missed by any CAMEL fan.

ProgHappy | 4/5 |