Metallica - The Unnamed Feeling E.P. CD (album) cover

THE UNNAMED FEELING E.P.

Metallica

Valarius
2 stars As I've already said in my review for 'St. Anger'; I'm not a hater of this album. Whilst I recognise it's flaws and why is has been so badly received by music fans, that hasn't stopped me from digging some of the tunes and riffs. And whilst 'The Unnamed Feeling' is one of the stronger tracks from the album, this EP really doesn't do it any justice.

So we have here seven songs in total, the title track of the disc and six accompanying live tracks. 'The Unnamed Feeling' is a good song, and probably one of the more well-received tracks from 'St. Anger', if there were any at all. Unfortunately the live tracks are pretty dull. Bearing in mind that these were recorded in 2003, a time when the band were still finding themselves again and Hetfields vocals were pretty awful, you'd be better off listening to any of the many other live versions of these tracks, and there are plenty of them.

I won't dwell on this one too much. If you're a loyal Metallica fan then this belongs in your collection. However, if you didn't like 'St. Anger' (and that basically means everyone), this EP really isn't worth getting, and the live tracks certainly won't give you any incentive.

Valarius | 2/5 |