Tomorrow - Tomorrow CD (album) cover

TOMORROW

Tomorrow

Proto-Prog

Sheavy
4 stars Tomrrow is yesteryear.

I have to admit, I really, really like this album. I don't see howe when listening to this album, that you can't not love it. It's just so happy and innocent sounding nwith piles upon piles of silly psychedelic songs similar to some of Pink Floyd' Early work with Syd, especially songs like The Gnome and See Emily Play. Tomorrow is most commonly known as that band that got Steve Howe and for some people, Twink, but I feel it deserves much than just a historical side note album. This album has some of the best Poppy Psychedelic and vaguely Proggy songs. Theres sitars on Real Life Permanent Dream, bicycle bell sounds on White Bicycle, Beatle empersonations with the song Shy Boy and The Incredible Journey of Timothy Chase and obviously the cover of The Beatles Strawberry Fields, which isn't to bad.

But my absolutely favorite songs here the irrestibly silly songs Aunt Mary's Dress Shop ("she'll make you look a treat") and Three Jolly Little Dwarfs ("running round the meadow"), and my other personnal favorite is the ever present social unrest, fight the system song, Revolution, whioch does have a very catchy and memorable chorus, which is simply Keith West singing "Revolution" and the rest of the band responding with a shouted "Now!". It also probably the only song here that could be truly called Prog, with it's near constantly changing sounds that go from chanted anthemic chorus to a softer sound with acoustic guitar and flute.

And while this albu doesn't have the best muscianship ever, and a rather dated sound, it is still fully deserving of a four star rating.

Sheavy | 4/5 |