Mostly Autumn - The Spirit Of Autumn Past CD (album) cover

Mostly Autumn

Prog Folk

4 stars If it weren't for Brian Josh's lack of vocal ability, I would have to say that Mostly Autumn is one of the greatest and most musically innovative groups that I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Thier integration of the so many different and unusual insruments(all played very well by the way)into their music is fabulous. As a newcomer to the world of prog, I recently heard "The Spirit of Autumn Past" and was completely blown away. The combination of folk, prog, celtic and other genres is makes for some very huanting sounds. Were it not for the obviously weak vocals I could have easily given this CD 5 stars. I can only hope that the other "Mostly Autumn" CD's are half as good with vocals twice as good.
fishingfool42 | 4/5 |