Metallica - Creeping Death CD (album) cover

CREEPING DEATH

Metallica

Valarius
2 stars 'Creeping Death' the EP, which included the 'Jump in the Fire' EP on the same disc, is a nice little collectable for die-hard Metallica fans, although being difficult to find nowadays, it's not really worth the effort since all the songs are availble elsewhere.

The title track is arguably one of the best tracks from the album 'Ride the Lightning', and the two covers accompanying it are good, but can be obtained a lot easier on the 'Garage Inc.' album. These are 'Blitzkrieg' by Blitzkrieg, and 'Am I Evil' by Diamond Head, a song Metallica have covered so well and so often, that it has more-or-less become their own.

Unfortunately it's the 'second half' of this EP that ruins it for me, the 'Jump in the Fire' EP.

Whilst I like the album 'Kill 'Em All', 'Jump in the Fire' isn't one of the more memorable songs for me, and the two 'live tracks' (rumoured to be normal tracks with crowd noises dubbed in) sound awful by the standards of todays live albums.

Overall this is a cool addition to the collection if you love Metallica, but since this can be pretty tricky to find anyway, it's really not worth the effort.

Valarius | 2/5 |