Supertramp - Some Things Never Change  CD (album) cover

SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE

Supertramp

twostikks
4 stars Although I miss the balance between Roger Hodgeson and Rick Davies, I dig Rick's Jazz/Blues stylings, as well as the occasional funk drive on tunes such as "You Win, I Lose". It leans back a bit to Rick's contributions to "Breakfast In America". "Broken Hearted" seems to give a tip-of-the-hat to later Steely Dan, with a shuffle beat. Definitely a pleasant album to listen to, when you're in "that mood".

NOTE: UK pressings contain an extra track, "Give Me A Chance" (4:24), slipped into the running order at #10, making a total of 12 tracks. I understand that early US pressings also included this track, but it was removed from later pressings when the record company found out it was there, as they had no permission to release it. So check your disc!

| 4/5 |