Marillion - Brief Encounter CD (album) cover

BRIEF ENCOUNTER

Marillion

iamathousandapples
2 stars Is this a single? Is this a live album or what?

As of recent, Marillion albums have been popping up in my used record store for cheap, and I decided to buy this because Marillion albums pop up today once in a lifetime. The two songs on here are okay, but Marillion could definitely do better if they tried. The live songs are basically live versions of Kayleigh, Script for a Jester's Tear, and Fugazi, and there's nothing really special about their performances, so I might as well be listening to the songs but with a crowd in the background.

The only thing I can think of is that it was to quell fans between Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws and I can't imagine fans would be too thrilled if this is what Marillion were putting out in '86. It's not bad, but it isn't worth having in your collection. Avoid.

iamathousandapples | 2/5 |