Queen - The Game CD (album) cover

THE GAME

Queen

voliveira
4 stars 8/10

The game in question here is to adapt your style.

But how they do it so brilliantly. Queen broad policy of non-synthesizers and makes other minor changes in an attempt to be further embraced by critics and audiences. And they succeeded! The 80s was a terror to proggers, and those who were also fans of this band (who admit they were not progressive as a whole) could not forgive them for such a change of direction, but hey - there's still a bit of good songs here!

The album begins in a little orthodox by the standards of the opening of Queen - because I think Play the Game is a ballad. But wow! We also have here the first use of the synthesizer, which is played very strongly just to be present (ok, ok, I admit - I love those cheesy '80s synths). Attack of the Dragon surprised me because it is not as heavy as I thought - I guess I thought that because of the title - as she mixes hard rock with influences from funk or something, I do not know. Now is certainly say that Another One Bites the Dust is a funk, and that's cool! Much better than the horrendous Fun It form Jazz and pair Fight from the Inside the News of the World. Need Your Loving Tonight is a median strip and below the level of the others here, but the excellent Crazy Little Thing Called Love is a priority to listen to - Freddie copying the figure of the King Elvis Presley make this is a incredible rockabilly !

Rock It (Prime Jive) marks the return of synthesizers, but only when there's vocals Taylor - Freddie sings his introduction. Dont Try Suicide is a bizarre combination of dark lyrics with a nice melody. Sail Away Sweet Sister is a beautiful ballad sung by May and Save Me is classic outor - to listen to it recently I remembered that I already knew this song! Excellent way to end the album.

As seen, the game marks a turning point in the style of the band, something that would mark the decade and 80 of them. Sure, it was risky - the band was just enjoying the moment as well as many others, and this can be seen as something unforgivable to many (especially here on the site), but I still like what they have to offer me. But I am also aware that this is not progressive, so I give 4 stars.

voliveira | 4/5 |