High Tide - Sea Shanties CD (album) cover

SEA SHANTIES

High Tide

fairlight.fm
4 stars I bought this album back in 69/70 because I kept being drawn to the cover got it home and it blew me away. Shot round to my mates and put it on his dad's expensive hi fi celestion speakers no less at it blew us both away.

In truth, 2 tracks were the album 'Death warmed up', a phenomenal duel between guitar and Simon House on elec violin and what is in my top all time tracks ever 'Walking down their outlook', an amazing song with Jim Morrison type vocals.

I am still trying to work out what the lyrics are all about I think it is about vampires in some way, ie, we shall live and never die.

I lost the original vynil; it got nicked at a party somewhere. Managed to get hold of the cd on import about 8 yrs ago.

I saw them live at Maidsone College in 70/71; they did not play one track of either their two albums of the time but were total hypnotic to watch and listen to.

| 4/5 |