Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida CD (album) cover

Iron Butterfly

video vertigo
2 stars I really find this album kinda boring, I can see some proto-prog qualities but it is more psychedelic than prog. The epic track sounds like a lot of filler, it is mainly a jam session. The members of Iron Butterfly are quite talented but I don't feel the direction of this album and IMO it lacks the concept to really be prog. It has some metal qualities to it, which may show why I'm not a big fan (Rush is as heavy as I get) I'm more into melodic and conceptual prog. If your a fan or a collector of proto-prog, proto metal or sixties heavy rock/psychedelia this is top quality, if not its a bit of a waste of time.
video vertigo | 2/5 |