Blackmore's Night - The Village Lanterne CD (album) cover

Blackmore's Night

Prog Folk

3 stars First of all, pardon my Chantrainesque review. Are we still in Prog-Land here? I really can't say, given the amount of band entries lately. However, Blackmore's Night was allready inducted in the Archives before the recent wave of Prog-Related entries, so as prog we will judge it. Well, Ritchie Blackmore is back on the Strat, so the "Rock" part on "Progressive Rock" is definetly here. As for the "Progressive", one really cannot see anything but the logical and unimpressive following of previous albums. Of course that is not bad, because last albums were good, especially the amazing "Fires at Midnight". So I'll just leave this notice: hard rockin renaissance music is back, and it's packing heat. Hopefully other listeners will provide a more thorough review, for time is not on my side. Cheers.
Kotro | 3/5 |