Scenery Channel - Premiere CD (album) cover

PREMIERE

Scenery Channel

ProgSnob
3 stars I was first turned on to Scenery Channel in the fall of 2007 when a friend of mine had me play Frets on Fire (remember that game?! Basically a crude version of Guitar Hero for your PC). I noticed one of the downloadable songs for that game was a demo song called ''Fasten Me'', and it was by this same band. I thought the song needed some work, but I was intrigued and decided to visit their website.

Turns out this band had a full-length out, and judging from the samples on the site, it was much better quality than their demo song. This five piece works well together, playing a very melodic, progressive metal sound. The band chemistry is there, however originality is not. Premiere is a concept album about, from what I can understand, a man split between two different times. The concept is okay, but the sound of the album is a bit of the same old prog-metal sound. The album is very good, the best track being ''Escape'' with its urgent groove chugging along. Good, but not groundbreaking. Three stars.

ProgSnob | 3/5 |