Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

AtomicCrimsonRush
Symphonic Team
3 stars Run Like Hell is one of the heaviest Pink Floyd tracks from The Wall and has a wonderful guitar riff well known to Floydians, especially thrashed in live concerts. The single sleeve is one of the best showing the iconic hammer of Gerald Scarfe. This alone deserves giving the single some attention. The single is a raucous blast of fire with reverberating echoing trademark rhythms and a guitar 4 chord shape. The lyrics were always edgy and dangerous, "Cos if they find you in the backseat trying to pick her locks, they're gonna send you back to mother in a cardboard box, you'd better run!"

Side B is a real sleeper that I always adored, Don't Leave Me Now. This sultry painful piece of angst, always resonated with me, I could sense the sheer hopelessness and it still has the same ethereal effect on my senses. A very powerful song that captures the sense of a breakup, losing a girl, "I need you babe to put through the shredder in front of my friends..." We all relate to losing someone and Pink Floyd are masters of melancholy and pain. This song is absolutely demanding of attention ending with a loud burst of guitar power.

Overall a single worth collecting for all Floyd addicts.

AtomicCrimsonRush | 3/5 |