Kraftwerk - Autobahn CD (album) cover

AUTOBAHN

Kraftwerk

Progressive Electronic

memowakeman
4 stars Autobahn, great album title dont you think?

This is one of the most popular Kraftwerk`s works, in fact, my mother knew this album before me, (thats weird) i dont understand why yet, but anyway. Kraftwerk is maybe one of the pioneers of Progressive Electronic music, that point gives them automatically a bit of respect, and in fact this is nother band from Germany, it is a country which has made great electronic bands suchs as Tangerine Dream and Ash Ra Tempel.

Well ,here because it is electronic music ( and maybe some Krautrock sound), we can listen looots of synthesizers, great electronic sound, always changing, a nice landscape in every song, and of course this music is always progressing, some nices changes to different moods, and musically is a nice album, maybe when we hear a strong synth, behind it, there are piano notes, which make it more special, but talking about voice, i dont like the voices here, maybe because im not a huge fan of German language, and of course i dont understand anything, but for me the voice is not good, the first song "Autobahn" is a 23 minute song, a like it because it has some nice changes, but i think it could be sometimes repetitive and boring, as usual as progressive electronic is, great soundscapes , a very creative album, i enjoy it , but only sometimes, it is not an album that i play continuous, only when i had the whim, i take it to my stereo. "Kometenmelodie" parts 1 and 2 are great songs, shorter than Autobahn, but still good. "Mitternacht" is the shortest of them all, and i think its is unusual to see a 4 minute song for a Prog Electronic band, the last song is "Morgernspaziergang", the whole album is good, sometimes strange and a bit boring, with robotical and space sounds, if youre fan of this kind of music, im sure you will enjoy this album.

I want to clarify something, i think, well, im sure that this album is Essential , Essential = 5 stars, i think that because all prog fan and collector must have this album in their collection, but im convinced that this is NOT a masterpiece of progressive music masterpiece of progressive music = 5 stars. So, because of that, im giving it 4 stars.

memowakeman | 4/5 |