Bozzio Levin Stevens - Situation Dangerous  CD (album) cover

Bozzio Levin Stevens

3 stars Second album of this trio formed by well known musicins worldwide in mid '90s, Bozzio known from Zappa and Uk fame, Levin from King Crimosn, Peter Gabriel, etc and Stevens being meber of Billy Idol band in early '80's they got together to form simply Bozzio Levin Stevens. Situation dangerous released in 2000 is the type of album for me to be descripe as love it or hate it, I'm more inclined to love it but not very much but I sure don't hate it, after all is not so dangerous as many pretend to be. I had the album since it was released, listened couple of times and puted back on the shelf. It was not groundbreaking for me then, is not now, something is missing in the overall sound. Some great pieces like opening track , Dangerous, ecellent drumming and in Crash with top notch guitar, but the rest fail to impress me big time. Is not enough to handle the instruments very well, must be some solid song writting, something that is not so spectacular here, to me is to much mellow parts Endless and Spiral are totaly pointless pieces to my ears, where the viruosity take over the songwritting. The ending track Lost is another worthy one. Overall even the musicianship is great the arrangements lacks in something catchy , something to make me listning this album again. 3 stars is best I can give.
b_olariu | 3/5 |