Genesis - Foxtrot CD (album) cover

5 stars Who would not in Foxtrot? I truly do. It's something completely different from my beloved Van der Graaf's Pawn Hearts, but comparatively great in its own way. A masterpiece from the second end of the line.

It seem to me like if the genious child doodling randomly on the paper created a beautiful painting. Of course Genesis were not doodling, they knew what they were doing (or sometimes the band din't know what would be Peter's next clothes, but you know what I mean). It's colorful, playful music with interesting kinks and with unforgettable moments. If I could ever write songs, I would write them like Supper's Ready, with lots of short ideas and short tunes. Oh yes, Supper's of that >20 minutes masterpieces. It's as sly as the fox on the cover, isn't it?

Glucose | 5/5 |