Änglagård - Epilog CD (album) cover

5 stars I think, I like "Epolog" even more than "Hybris". Both are ten-star albums, but "Epilog", in my opinion, is more melodic, subtle and artistic. In "Epilog", there is less brute-force symphonic prog ā la instrumental section of "Firth of Fifth" which keeps the listener in suspense all the time. Instead, "Epilog" allows you to relax and enjoy the quiet development of the melody, and then abruptly throws you right into the thick of the finest symphonic prog. I still get shivers every time I hear "Höstsejd". There are few albums in the world that I value more than "Epilog" -- maybe only "The Dark Side of The Moon", "Wish You Were Here", "Animals" and "Seconds Out".
| 5/5 |