Arz - Turn Of The Tide CD (album) cover

4 stars I quite stumbled across this album, and, with zero expectations, listened to it in a couple of sittings. Nothing particularily grabbed my attention. I rewaxened (my word, the art of relistening with the wax removed from your ears. Can be used with permission) a few days later and relalized this is a great piece of music. These two guys put together a full bands worth of sound. They also generate a delicate complexity that on the surface seems to be an ordinary piece of prog, but has distinct and thoughful progressions. I suspect this is why I initially let it pass over my ears and not through. Further, even though the music doesn't challenge your brain the way some progheads feel is required to be great prog, it does get your feet tapping and your emotions moving. Notable tunes are "Shadow On The Wall" and "Twighlight". Go get this disc, but make sure you rewaxen before listening.

4.2 stars