Battlestations - In A Cold Embrace CD (album) cover

Post Rock/Math rock

2 stars I originally gave this album one star when I merely gave it a rating. Now that I've digested the album some more and have time to write down my thoughts...I can only bring myself to give it one more star, sadly.

There's nothing musically wrong with what is played (as a matter of fact, the acoustic guitar playing in particular is very well done). It just doesn't move me. It's obvious that this is supposed to be a dark record - one look at the cover confirms that - but instead the overwhelming feeling I get is of boredom.

In a nutshell, these five tracks sound like overstretched introductions to songs that never happened. This is unfortunate, since I think Battlestations obviously have some talent for painting a musical picture. I just don't think I've seen the whole painting.

pearty | 2/5 |