Eloy - Ra CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

2 stars This is by no means "Ocean" or "Silent Cries and Might Echoes", but at least it is not as bad as some progressive bands have fallen to. Likje many reviewers here, my main complaint is the intensity of the programmed drum sounds. Very 80's and very repetitive. None of the tracks are really weak, but none are really that strong, either. I suppose my favorite is VOYAGER OF THE FUTURE RACE. However, there is not enough meat on this carcass for multiple listenings. A pretty typical 80's release from a great band. Stick to the earlier Eloy albums for pure enjoyment. 2 1/2 stars.
mohaveman | 2/5 |