Orphaned Land - El Norra Alila CD (album) cover

Orphaned Land

Experimental/Post Metal

5 stars The first album I heard from Orphaned Land was "Mabool" and I was stunned by how good they were at mixing israeli and oriental music with metal. Then I listened to "El Norra Alila" and I was again surprised to see that even in their early years they were distinguishing themselves so well from any other death/progressive bands incorporating music from their countries. "El Norra Alila" is of course more metal than "Mabool" but the atmosphere on the album was somehow more epic and mysterious. A must-have for any progressive metal fans who love artists including influences from where they come from. Orphaned Land is the Enslaved, the Sepultura of the middle-east. Certainly worth a 5 out of 5!
Dr4Wazo | 5/5 |