Jadis - Understand CD (album) cover

3 stars Jadis forth album from 2000 named Understand is the most unintresting album from their catalogue, at least for me. If Across the water is my fav from them and was full of great parts, hooks and catchy passages, here Jadis seams like they run out of ideas, I mean the whole album is mid tempo and has that mellow feel on every pieces. The pieces are not bad , are compose in Jadis manner, but is far from the greatness of Across the water, besides the instrumental Between Here and There who is excellent with top notch guitar parts, I wish the whole album sounding like this pieces, and maybe the opening track as the second best, the rest are totaly forgetable , not bad but unintresting for my ears. An album that was released in a time when Jadis was trying to compose more accesible music , without to many pretentious passages. Hardly 3 stars , weaker then anything they ever released, but in same time, can be heared couple of times while working on something else, no need to be concentrated on the music at all.
b_olariu | 3/5 |