Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt CD (album) cover

TA DET LUGNT

Dungen

Psychedelic/Space Rock

BrufordFreak
4 stars The Swedish psychedelic rockers, Dungen, really go back to the 1960s' roots of psychedelia with this music--especially the more aggressive BEATLES/ANIMALS-type of music. As always, guitarist REINE FISKE is brilliant throughout: aggressive more than usual (Go Jimi, Jr.!) yet subtle and beautiful when that, too, is called for. One thing I really love about Dungen albums is that they sing in their own native Swedish. I wish more prog groups would do this.

Not my favorite Dungen album, but then, there are so many great ones. Still, this is a good one. Very good.

Album highlights: "Det Du T'nker Idag 'r Du I Morgon" (3:58) (9/10); the HENDRIX-like "Bortgl'md" (4:27) (9/10); the BEATLES-like melodic "Lipsill" (2:45) (8/10); the trippy, keyboard laden "Om Du Vore Vakthund" (3:02) (9/10); more HENDRIX in "Sluta F'lja Efter" (4:52) (8/10), and; the LIGHTHOUSE "One Fine Morning"-like, "Sjutton" (2:50) (9/10).

BrufordFreak | 4/5 |